Prep time 20 minutes, Cooking Time: 50 minutes, Serves 4
1/2 of a medium size organic pumpkin (about 1kg) cubed, removing the pulp and seeds from the
1 small red onion finely chopped
2 cups Arborio rice
1.2 litres vegetable stock – make up according to instructions
2 sprigs fresh Thyme
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Optional: Chard, spinach, kale.
1) Gently fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes and then add the cubed pumpkin and thyme.
Add enough stock to cover the bottom of the pan so it doesn’t burn and gently cook until pumpkin is
nice and soft. About 15mins
2) Once soft, add the rice and stir in well.
3) Start to add the stock little by little (about two small ladles). Stir and stir and keep stirring.
4) As the broth gets absorbed slowly add more stock, stir well and continue to simmer on medium
flame. The texture should be creamy if it is too thick or the rice isn’t fully cooked add another ladle
of stock, just make sure it doesn’t become too liquidy. Stir well. Cook rice until tender but firm to the
5) Add spinach or other green leafy veg, stir until wilted.
6) Add salt, pepper as required.